7th Grade Reflection

When I first arrived in August, I expected a tough year full of a lot of homework — and I was right. I knew from stories that it would be a very hard year, homework wise. But I soon realized that there would be a lot more to it than that. There was more freedom and choices than there was in 6th grade.

By October, my life had settled into a steady routine: go to school, go home, do homework, go to bed. It was rough going.

Eventually, I figured out that it wouldn’t get any easier as the year went on. In fact it got harder. Around the middle of the year the homework level increased drastically. I didn’t think it get any harder. Between the homework, class work, and tests, it was almost too much.

In seventh grade, I learned 3 things. I learned that to achieve something you must work hard. In all other grades before this I could not study and still get good grades. But, during seventh grade I had to actually study to achieve things. I also learned how to work as a team. There was more group work than in any grade before, and I had to trust my peers to do their part. Finally I learned to trust myself. Sometimes I would not trust myself to answer a question. But now I do. I can tell if I’m right or wrong.

As the year comes tons close, I can honestly say that I am proud of myself for completing it. I worked hard and it payed off. I got really good grades! I I can tell anyone who is coming into 7th grade that if they just work hard enough they will get through it!