Challenge Week 2: Barton Springs Pool

Where would I want to spend a hot Austin day? It’s obvious. I would go to one of my favorite places in Austin: Barton Springs pool!

Barton Springs is one of my favorite places in Austin because the cold water is perfect for our extremely hot summer weather. Here in Texas summer temperatures can get above 100 degrees! So of course the cold water feels amazing. It’s chilly, but it’s not so cold that you don’t want to get in. The temperature at Barton Springs is perfect!

Another reason I love Barton Springs is that there are so many things you can do there. If you’re feeling lazy, you can float on your back in a place where the pool isn’t so crowded. If you’re looking for some fun you can try and do some cool jumps off of the diving board. And if you’re looking for a challenge you can see how deep you can go while holding your breath. I’ve gotten all the way to the bottom! Barton Springs has some really fun activities for whatever mood you’re in.

Wether it’s the cool water, or the fun activities, Barton Springs is one of my favorite places to go in Austin.